Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Kia Motors
There's no doubt that the holiday season is among us once again! I went to the store today and the place was PACKED – people were getting prepared buying food for what are sure to be big family meals, while others were shopping for essentials to take on their trips that they're sure to take with Thanksgiving just around the corner.
My husband & I were thinking about taking Adrian on a road trip this holiday season. But instead of hopping on a plane, we were thinking of taking a road trip. I don't know why but to me, road trips are just more fun – being able to enjoy the scenery, stop and experience what different states have to offer along the way. If you haven't been on a road trip, I highly recommend it. With all the craziness surrounding the holidays, I'm sure one can forget things to take with them so I thought I would share my top 10 items that you would need for a holiday road trip – just in case you're planning on taking one as well!
1. I am all about being prepared & if I'm going to be on a road trip, I need to make sure I have what I need not just for me but for the car as well. Make sure your car has a spare tire, jumper cables and just in case, have an extra key to the car on you. You don't want to be locked out of your car or have a flat tire in the middle of nowhere with no spare tire.
2. Going on a road trip, you're also going to need a good GPS system, a navigation app or a good ol' fashioned map. I don't think I need to say more on why this is a must.
3. Make sure you have money or your debit/credit cards in your wallet or purse. You definitely don't want to leave these at home!
4. Make sure to pack everything you might need – toothbrush, toothpaste, contact lens solution, glasses, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, aspirin, etc. and try to keep items like hand sanitizer, wipes or napkins nearby. Things can get a little messy or sticky with snacks and drinks in the car – especially with kids in the car!
5. What's a road trip without good music playing in the background? Nobody wants to be stuck in a car listening to music they hate – it might be hard but try to make a playlist that everyone will love.
6. Make sure to bring your camera, extra batteries and a brand new memory card! You're going to want to capture what are sure to be great memories!
7. Make sure to bring a portable DVD player (or laptop) & DVDs to keep you & the kiddies entertained!
8. Sometimes, there aren't stops for miles and miles – which is when it's handy to have plenty of snacks packed & drinks in a cooler. Fruit, cut up veggies, sandwiches, and anything else your family would enjoy to munch on until you get to your next food stop.
9. Make sure to bring your books, Kindle or Nook! Reading is my favorite thing to do on a road trip. I would get bored with movies quickly and would always get lost in a book on family road trips.
10. One of the most important things on a road trip – you're going to want to be comfy! Blankets, pillows and sunglasses are a must! You never know how bright the sun will be, how cold it could be and the pillow for those naps that you're sure to take!
I'm sure I could go on but these are my top items! I'd love to hear what you guys take on road trips! Is anyone else planning on taking a road trip this holiday season?
Disclosure: Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Kia Motors. However, all opinions stated are 100% my own!